B.C. EduTrust Federated Services
We offer coaching and zero-cost consulting to support the adoption and implementation of identity and access management services through CANARIE's Canadian Access Federation (CAF).
We have identity management technical experts that can support institutions with knowledge and resources to ensure a smooth and cost-effective transition. As regional partner with CANARIE and CAF, we support members in transitioning to the CAF identity and access management services. Our vision is to create a regional collaboration, a digital ‘circle of trust’. This enables members to join the CAF and improve access to online services.
- Mentoring and coaching support
- Zero-cost access to technical experts
- Reduce the learning curve in deploying federated identity services
- Access to identity provider infrastructure and hosting services
- Reduce overall federated identity costs
- Support in setting up federated single sign-on (SSO) for sector-wide, shared IT services
- Technical support to assist in deploying an IdP installer to connect your institution’s identity management system to the federated SSO server
- Support in setting up federated SSO for shared IT services
- Assist with providing information on how to participate in the CAF
- Provide answers to questions about eduroam
- Assess your institutions readiness for federated SSO
- Access to an IdP installer that streamlines the deployment of a CAF-compliant identity-provider
- Access to support resources and configuration templates to connect your institution's identity management system to shared IT services in the federation
This service is available to all members. To see a compete list of all BCNET members, please use the following link.