About the Identity Access Management Program
As a regional partner with CANARIE and the National Research and Education Network, BCNET supports members in implementing Identity and Access Management Services. We help member institutions with knowledge and resources to ensure a smooth and cost-effective transition.
What is the Identity & Access Management Program?
CANARIE's Identity & Access Management Program securely connects Canada’s higher ed students and faculty to the global eduroam Wi-Fi service and to trusted research and academic resources around the world. Managing Digital Identities for Higher Ed & Research. The Canadian Access Federation (CAF) is the trust framework for managing digital identities in higher ed & research. CANARIE is the national operator of CAF, connecting Canada’s students, researchers, and faculty to global collaborations and resources. Canada’s research and higher-ed institutions trust the Federated Identity Management (FIM) service to securely connect students, staff, and faculty to global resources – using a single, secure digital identity.
Types of CAF Services
Federated Identity Management
Canada’s research and higher-ed institutions trust the Federated Identity Management (FIM) service to securely connect students, staff, and faculty to global resources – using a single, secure digital identity.
eduroam, education roaming is a secure, world-wide, Wi-Fi roaming service developed for the research and higher education community available in more than 100 countries and 30,000 locations worldwide, including airports and train stations.
BCNET Supports Members to Transition to CAF Services. We:
- Provide support in setting up federated SSO for shared IT services
- Assist with providing information on how to participate in the CAF
- Provide answers to questions about eduroam
- Assess your institutions readiness for federated SSO
- Provide access to an IdP installer that streamlines the deployment of a CAF-compliant identity-provider
- Offer support resources and configuration templates to connect your institution's identity management system to shared IT services in the federation