INSTANTLY ACCESS THE INTERNET WHEN VISITING ANOTHER CAMPUS
eduroam, education roaming is a secure, world-wide, Wi-Fi roaming service developed for the research and higher education community available in more than 100 countries and 30,000 locations worldwide, including airports and train stations.
Students, faculty, researchers and staff from participating institutions can get internet connectivity when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop. eduroam is based on the most secure encryption and authentication standards in existence today, with security measures far exceeding typical commercial hotspots.
- Staff, faculty and students at participating institutions can automatically access the internet when visiting partner organizations
- There are 453 locations where eduroam is available in Canada and 188 in BC.
- eduroam is available in more than 100 countries and 30,000 locations worldwide
- In Canada, eduroam is operated through CANARIE.
- See the map of participating institutions.
- BCNET will provide technical assistance to members looking to connect to eduroam.
- If you are interested in joining eduroam:
How to connect
For more information about connecting, please contact Client Services.