Applications Skills Training
With applications training, BCNET offers courses to help members leverage the most from their IT investments.
BCNET partners with Ellucian to offer Banner courses for members. The goal of the course is to provide skills training, and the hands-on knowledge needed to extend Banner 9 Admin Forms (also known in Banner 8.x releases as Banner INB forms). This workshop will introduce the technology and tools to extend Banner 9 Admin Applications.
- Working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Working experience with Banner
- Completion of the introduction to Java and object oriented concepts course
- Introduction to Banner 9 Technology for Admin Apps
- Development environment setup overview
- Using your workbench- the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- The MVC (Model, View, Controller) Design Model
- The application extension methodology and process
- Event handling and service methods
- Adding and hiding fields in forms
- Adding SQL-based Validations, Actions and Alerts to your forms
- Creating LOV (List of Values) fields and calculated fields
- Adding a new tab presenting a new table
The instructor will be leading hands-on exercises.
There will be no exam.
CLASS SIZE RESTRICTIONS
Maximum 12 students.
Tuesday, June 6 – Thursday, June 8, 2017
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Location: ctc TrainCanada
Address: 1155 Pender St W #650, Vancouver
Another course will be offered August 28 – 30.
June 5, 2017
Our training courses are open to all types of members