Web Conferencing – Kaltura
Kaltura Web Conferencing Service for Higher Education
BCNET, working with its National Research & Education Network (NREN) partners, announced the first of two awards for a national web conferencing solution. The first agreement is awarded to Kaltura’s virtual classroom solution, which offers a fully integrated video platform to enhance the teaching and learning experience and enrich student engagement both on campus and remotely at Canadian education and research institutions.
The Kaltura virtual classroom platform offers an easy-to-use experience built for online instruction, standalone or integrated with learning management systems (LMS). The virtual classroom platform helps make the learning experience interactive and engaging while providing a controlled environment. It also includes features that reach beyond the in-class experience. Instructors can access the classroom prior to the lesson to prepare the material.
Members have the option to license the Kaltura Education Video Cloud with Virtual Classroom or you can choose a license that excludes Virtual Classroom.
The Kaltura Education Video Cloud includes:
- Virtual Classroom: A real-time virtual classroom and web conferencing solution designed and developed for educators. Persistent rooms with advanced moderation, controls, collaborative tools like whiteboard, content playlists, breakout rooms, live quizzing, recording and HD video sharing.
- LMS Integration: Create course video galleries, video assignments, interactive videos, track student engagement and access virtual classrooms with Kaltura’s seamless integration into the LMS.
- MediaSpace Media Portal: Branded media hub for sharing videos, recordings, and live events securely and at scale to the community inside and outside of your institution.
- Live Streaming: Broadcast every event of any size from athletics to guest lectures and presidential addresses. Quickly create new live events and stream to an unlimited audience.
- Lecture Capture: Live stream and record any class on campus. Compatible with lecture capture hardware and PCs. Schedule in advance or capture on the fly and automatically publish to your LMS. This feature is available at an additional cost.
- Unlimited Machine Captioning for Video-on-demand Content: Automatically machine caption any media added to enable media to become searchable and discoverable.
This service is available to all members. To see a complete list of all BCNET members, please use the following link.