We’re a small dynamic team that loves what we do, and thrive on our ability to make a difference for our higher education member community in British Columbia. Our work environment is diverse, collegial and entrepreneurial.
We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, and complete range of benefits including a defined benefit pension plan, healthcare coverage and wellness allowance.
The BCNET procurement analyst is an entry level role that assists in the support of various procurement and contract management activities under the direction of the chief procurement officer including tender development, evaluation, and contract drafting while ensuring cost effectiveness commensurate with quality. All activities shall be in accordance with BCNET's standard practices, conflict of interest policy, related trade agreements and municipal, provincial and federal laws.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A cover letter is REQUIRED for your application.
2. Please describe “how your experience aligns with your values” in your cover letter.
The posting will be closed on OCTOBER 7, 2020.
The Procurement Analyst works with the BCNET staff, members, and vendors.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in tender development, bid evaluation, and contract drafting;
- Support procurement working groups, as required;
- Promote positive relationships with working groups and external suppliers.
- Procurement of goods and services:
- Supports the preparation of documents for issuance including tenders, agreements and bid synopses;
- Assists in tender and award documentation with respect to the developed evaluation criteria;
- Supports the contract award process;
- Respond to procurement inquiries from BCNET staff, members, and vendors;
- Promotes and adopts sustainable supply chain concepts where appropriate.
- Records and Contract Management:
- Maintain and update contract database including renewals, extensions, and close outs;
- Supports the contract management activities of existing agreements;
- Assists in preparing and maintaining accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow-up;
- Assists in the preparation of procurement related reports and statistics to measure commodity and/or supplier performance.
- Travel as necessary to member institutions and their communities around the province of British Columbia.
- University or College degree in Finance, Business administration or relevant discipline, or an acceptable combination of education, training, and experience.
- Certificate in Purchasing, Diploma in Supply Management or related training would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of two-year experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong competency in Excel;
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, collaborators, and clients;
- Ability to work effectively while managing multiple tasks;
- Ability to understand and apply policies, procedures, and instructions;
- Ability to analyze data and resolve problems, identifying key information, and all relevant issues;
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Regular keyboarding movements
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Open office environment
- Limited travel within British Columbia may be required
- Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Reporting to the CTO, the Network Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead a team of network engineers in supporting BCNET’s network infrastructure, ensuring the highest performance and reliability for our member institutions. The Network Manager is responsible for providing oversight into the overall architectural design of the network, associated tools, and service delivery.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume with a cover letter clearly documenting your suitability for this role and also outlining examples of how you have previously demonstrated BCNET’s core values to email@example.com. by 4:00pm PDT, June 29, 2020. Thank you to all applicants, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.
The posting will be closed at 4pm PDT, June 29, 2020
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Continually evolve monitoring and alerting to proactively address the performance of the network to ensure we deliver the highest reliability to our members
- Work closely with IT & Cybersecurity Services to ensure consistent delivery of network changes, to develop an integrated approach to overall design of BCNET’s infrastructure, and to develop efficient operational processes
- Identify opportunities and drive automation within the network operations
- Develop repeatable processes and playbooks within network operations to ensure consistent service delivery
- Define and evolve key performance metrics to measure performance and drive service improvements
- Collaborate with members to bring new services into production
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, and re-prioritize as needed
- Oversee network incidents ensuring member impact is minimized
- Stay abreast of new technologies and practices
- Work with Procurement Services to represent Network Services within the full procurement cycle
- Collaborate with all BCNET Shared Services portfolios to support service development and service delivery
- Manage internal operational budgets
- Provide performance evaluations and professional development plans
- Provide continual feedback, coaching, and career growth
- Effectively lead and motivate a team of highly performing and highly technical network staff
- Identify, cultivate, and grow technical leaders
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a relevant discipline
- Working knowledge of ITIL and/or COBIT frameworks
- 5+ years progressive experience managing network operations at an enterprise scale
- 5+ years of experience working with networking technologies including BGP, MPLS, ISIS, EVPN, JunOS
- Experience with network virtualization and/or software defined networks
- Service oriented with exceptional customer relations skills
- Ability to think at scale and automate processes
- Experience automating device configuration and management
- Experience working with carriers to provision, install, and operate networks
- Experience in a higher education or public-sector environment is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written is required: meet and present to technical team, client groups and senior leadership teams, and write clear & well-structured documents
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflicts at all levels
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion