The Director of Shared Technology Solutions & Enterprise Resource Planning (STS & ERP) provides management and leadership for BCNET’s Shared Technology Solutions and Enterprise Resources Planning function. As an integral member of the executive team, the Director of STS & ERP contributes to the strategic objectives of the organization and is responsible for effective and efficient operation of all Shared Technology Solutions and the development and delivery of sectoral shared ERP solutions.
The director will lead the organization’s strategy and execute the program that will help BCNET to deliver
exceptional value to its members and promote collaborative approach.
Please email a cover letter & resume (PDF or Word Document only) to Vancouver@leadersinternational.com and indicate the role title in the subject line.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee the continued evolution of Shared Technology Solutions offerings, ensuring their viability, sustainability as well as their effective and efficient operations
- Work collaboratively with the various stakeholders to define the ERP sectoral services requirements and develop plans to deliver the services utilizing most appropriate means such as collaborating with existing vendors/launching process to select vendor(s), etc.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to the team fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Lead the development and implementation of appropriate solutions, including those with vendors, contractors, and member institutions in designing, developing, delivering and maintaining services
- Create, maintain, and support appropriate governance structures to support the development and delivery of services
- Develop business case/rationale/risk mitigation approach in support of the development and delivery of services
- Manage relationships with solution providers ensuring cost effectiveness, adherence to service levels agreements and compliance with relevant standards in technology and ERP domains
- Continuously engage with members as well as provincial, national and international stakeholders to identify and align shared technology solution opportunities and collaborative approaches
- Attends conferences, tradeshows, and information seminars as necessary, in order to stay abreast of emerging technologies.
- Travels as necessary to member institutions and their communities around the province of British Columbia
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business/Commerce/Computer Science, preference will be given to a master’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in a higher education/public sector/technology services delivery organization environment
- 5+ years in a management/supervisory role
- Experience in managing a high performing team
- Experience managing a business unit including budgeting, forecasting and setting/monitoring departmental performance metrics
- Experience in relationship management with client, vendors, and stakeholders and in working with various levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, people management, risk management, and strong commitment to service excellence
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and present effectively and persuasively with executives, senior decision makers, team members, and collaborators with sensitivity to the level of technical communication appropriate to the task and audience
- Ability to maintain flexibility and openness to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while juggling multiple priorities and to work in a member-driven and decentralized environment
- Confident, respectful and resourceful leader with entrepreneurial spirit.