We’re a small dynamic team that loves what we do, and thrive on our ability to make a difference for our higher education member community in British Columbia. We offer an excellent compensation package including competitive salary, and a complete range of benefits including defined benefit pension plan, healthcare coverage and wellness allowance. Our work environment is diverse, collegial and entrepreneurial.
Are you a clear communicator? Business and technology savvy? Client focused? Do you enjoy starting things from scratch and designing how they will function? We need a business analyst who is ready to work hard and learn fast while supporting critical learning infrastructure. We need someone who will take an idea, involve members to develop business cases, service plans and funding proposals, and ensure that these services meet client needs.
We are seeking a passionate individual to join our team at our Victoria location, on the UVic campus. The ideal candidate is equipped with a desire to work with the BC higher education sector and to leverage benefits from shared systems and technology across the sector. Last but not least, the candidate must be passionate about delivering value to our members.
Key Activities and Deliverables:
- Develop new and/or modify business cases, financial models and funding proposals
- Define and refine service plans for shared services
- Assist working groups and research specifications and requirements for technology procurement
- Be a resource to members in implementing shared services and technology solutions
- Provide operational support for one of BCNET's largest shared services
Candidates must have:
- Canadian citizenship or have required documentation to work in Canada
- Experience in relationship management with members, stakeholders and vendors
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with team members, collaborators, and clients, with sensitivity to the level of technical communication appropriate to the task and audience
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Undergraduate degree in business or commerce, or acceptable combination of education, training and experience
- 2 -3 years experience as a business analyst or related position
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated documentation writing ability with an aptitude for computing and networking technology
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while juggling multiple tasks
We offer technology services and solutions that enable world-class research and education in British Columbia by harnessing the collaborative spirit of our 25-public, post-secondary institution members. As a not-for-profit shared services organization, we continuously engage with our stakeholders to explore, develop and deliver solutions that meet the evolving needs of our members.
We offer an excellent compensation package including competitive salary, and a complete range of benefits including defined benefit pension plan, healthcare coverage and wellness allowance. Our work environment is diverse, collegial and entrepreneurial.
If you have excellent customer service, business, and communication skills and enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, high-tech environment this is an opportunity to enrich your skills. You will work with the BCNET management team to support a diverse member community of higher education information technology leaders from 25 higher education institutions. We are looking for applicants that are self-directed, enjoy learning, interacting and making a difference.
Location: Victoria, BC
Posted Date: Jun 11, 2019
Closing Date: Jun 28, 2019
How to Apply: Apply via email
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technical
Apply Now: email@example.com