This course will equip you with the basics of the Groovy language and use of the Grails framework as it applies to institutions using Banner 9 technology. The Banner Technical: Introduction to Groovy and Grails will dive into the practical concepts used when working with Banner 9 web page development. Through hands-on exercises throughout the session, you will achieve the necessary skills for modifying Banner 9 code, laying the groundwork by providing the technical language and framework usage knowledge through an Integrated Development Environment.
This course is designed as a pre-requisite course immediately prior to the Extending Banner 9 SS Apps course.
- Certified instructor-led training
- In-person course delivery
- Catered Lunch, snacks & coffee and light breakfast foods daily
Who Should Attend?
- Those who have some experience using banner
- Individuals who have a working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Participants who have completed the Java/OOP course or have equivalent experience.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to the XE technology stack used with Banner Apps.
- The MVC Model and how it pertains to XE apps, both Admin pages and SSB pages
- Object Oriented concepts review, and how OO is implemented with Groovy
- Classes and objects, constructors
- Groovy language structure and syntax, programming logic
- Groovy types, Gstrings, operators, date and numeric processing
- Collections focusing on Lists and Maps
- Groovy beans
- File I/O
- XML processing
- Web page design
- The Grails framework
- Hello World
- The use of the IDE with Groovy and Grails