The goal of Lean IT is to continuously improve the value delivered by IT organizations to their customers and the professionalism of IT people.
Lean IT is the extension of lean manufacturing and lean services principles to the development and management of information technology products and services.
The 2-day Lean IT Foundation has an accompanying examination which you must pass to achieve the Lean IT Foundation Certificate. This course will provide you with the necessary knowledge of the Lean IT terminology, structure and basic concepts to ensure that you understand the core principals of Lean IT practices in preparation for the exam.
- Certified instructor-led training
- In-person course delivery
- Catered lunch, snacks, coffee and light breakfast foods daily
The Lean IT Foundation course has an accompanying examination at which the student must achieve a passing score of 65% to gain the Lean IT Foundation Certificate.
The exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions and students are allotted one hour to complete.
Who Should Attend?
- Any member of an IT organization
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted Lean IT
What You Will Learn
At the end of the course you will be familiar with the concepts of Lean, such as:
- The originating and development of the Lean philosophy
- Key elements of Lean Proposal
- Understand and identify the concept of waste, variability and inflexibility
Have considerable knowledge of Lean, including:
- Customer value, Voice of the Customer, CTQ
- Process improvement, Value Stream Mapping
- Understand the concept of Performance, define and use KPIs
- Organization requirements to implement Lean
- Lean Behavior & Attitude
Be acquainted with the use of the various Lean IT analyze tools such as:
- Voice of the Customer
- Critical to Quality-tree
- SIPOC diagram
- Value Stream Mapping
- Define and understand KPIs
- Personal change story
Have the following insight into what Lean IT can mean for an organization:
- Awareness that creating value for the customer is the initial point of doing business
- Understand the meaning and purpose of Visible Management and the use of day and week boards