Automating Administration with Windows Powershell
Gain the fundamental knowledge and skills to use Windows PowerShell for automating the administration of your Windows-based servers.
The Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell course will focus on primary Windows PowerShell command line features and techniques. You will learn to how to execute and monitor scripts efficiently with more robust session connectivity, workflow capabilities, improved job scheduling, along with how to use Windows PowerShell Web Access.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product M10961: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell, and is taught by official Microsoft instructors.
- Certified instructor-led training
- In-person and online course delivery options
- Access to the following benefits for 12 months after course completion:
- Practice labs
- 24x7 mentoring
- Indexed class recordings
- Unlimited course retakes
- Digital courseware
- Catered lunch, snacks, coffee and light breakfast foods daily
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- IT professionals who are experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration
- IT professionals who are experienced in administering and supporting application servers and services (i.e. Exchange, SharePoint, SQL)
- Students who wish to use Windows PowerShell to automate administrative tasks from the command line, using any Microsoft or independent software vendor (ISV) product that supports Windows PowerShell manageability
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Basic concepts behind Windows PowerShell
- How to work with the Windows PowerShell Pipeline
- Usage of PSProviders and PSDrives to work with other forms of storage
- Format output
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Common Information Model (CIM)
- Preparation for scripting
- Moving from a command to a script to a module
- How to administer remote computers
- How to put together various Windows PowerShell components
- How to use background jobs and scheduled jobs
- Usage of advanced PowerShell techniques and profiles