We invite you to submit your session and workshop proposals for the upcoming 2024 Tech Summit.
No matter your role––whether you're an IT staff member, a security professional, a manager or an executive––you have the opportunity to actively contribute by sharing your insights, experiences and solutions at CONNECT 2024.
Our Summit program is enriched by the collective expertise of our diverse member community, comprising of 25 member institutions including colleges, institutes, and research universities. Your contributions play an important role in shaping this collaborative event!
Please see BCNET Summit session archives for content from past events.
Deadline for submitting proposals: February 2, 2024 (closed)
Program Committee reviews proposals: February 13, 2024
Speakers notified of acceptance: February 15, 2024
Deadline for speakers to confirm acceptance: February 22, 2024
Top 3 Reasons to Become a 2024 CONNECT Speaker
- Foster Collaboration: The CONNECT Summit thrives on collaboration, and your involvement will play a part in our success. Your insights and expertise can contribute to a productive exchange of ideas among member institutions.
- Gain Peer Recognition: Whether you're in the early stages of exploring a new technology, or have successfully implemented an innovative solution, your insights are valuable to peers who can learn from your experience.
- Build Your Professional Network: Speakers have a chance to connect with like-minded people at CONNECT 2024
The call for proposals is open to BCNET Members and other Canadian post-secondary institutions, as well as partners of the National Research & Education Network.
Contact us at email@example.com
Tracks and Learning Paths
Your opportunities for learning and sharing are organized into 5 Track Themes
The BCNET CONNECT Summit Program Committee have recommended programming and content ideas within each track to help guide you in developing your speaking proposal. Be sure to visit each track for content suggestion details.
The Session Proposal Evaluation Criteria
The BCNET CONNECT Summit Program Committee will evaluate all session proposals based on the following criteria:
- Quality of written proposal
- Relevance to our conference, attendees and track themes
- Value/Innovation and original problem solving
- Ability to inspire action and/or outcome for users
To deliver a truly memorable experience, it is important to involve participants and make them part of your session. Try one of these interactive presentation ideas to wow and engage your audience.
Interactive Speaker Presentation - 45 Minutes
- Present content in a span of 30 minutes, with the remaining 15 minutes focusing on an interactive discussion with the audience.
- Can be storytelling, more conversational.
Debate - 45 Minutes
Facilitate a 45-minute session consisting of 2 panels with opposing perspectives, focusing on a thought-provoking topic.
Multi-Campus Viewpoint Panel Discussion - 45 Minutes
- Create a panel consisting of individuals from multiple campuses who engage in a conversation revolving around current challenges, solutions and lessons learned.
Roundtable Discussion - 45 Minutes
- Present a specific topic to the group for discussion.
- Each participate is given the opportunity to participate and provide their comments.
Speaker Presentation - 45 Minutes
- Present on a topic of your choice for 35 minutes, allowing 10 minutes for a Q&A at the end.
AMA Sessions - 45 Minutes
- AMA or “Ask Me Anything” sessions are based purely on an audience asking questions to a one or multiple speakers.
- They are a great way to present your attendees with a whole session experience that is dedicated to asking important questions.
- BCNET is also accepting proposals for half- or full-day workshops that will take place on Tuesday, April 2, 2024.
- A registration fee applies to attend a workshop.