BCNET Conference Archives
The following page is dedicated to the conference sessions of prior years.
bcnet 2016 Conference
- An Interactive Solution to Easily Manage Network Assets and Connectivity
- BCNET Hands-on Routing Workshop
- EduCloud Server Technical Deep Dive
- From Consent to Collaboration: Balancing Security with Access for Optimal User Experience
- Maximizing The Value of Your Palo Alto Networks Investment
- Build Your Own Information Security Program
- BCNET at the Intersection of Smarter Cities and Learning Cities
- Check Point Security Platform User Forum
- Fiber Testing 101 – Essentials Every Network Analyst Needs To Know
Plenary & Keynotes
- Revolutionizing Women in Technology
- Embracing Eccentric Leadership
- Don’t Fear the Robot Reaper
- The Future of Malware Attacks and Protection Strategies
- Changing Culture in IT
- Cyber Security: Where do we go from Here?
- If Data is the New Oil, Who’s Building the Gas Stations?
- How are the Cloud and Data Impacting Research?
- Hybrid IT: Successfully Managing the Adoption of and Transition to Canada's Best Public Sector Cloud Opportunities
- Fortinet and the BCNET Community
- Data Privacy and Sovereignty: Global Challenges in the Cloud
- Best Practices for Protecting your Online Presence
- Elevate your Threat Posture with Juniper’s Integrated Software Defined Secure Network
- The Need for Desktop Transformation: Desktop and Application Management Beyond VDI
- A Change is Coming
- Moving Into and Out of the Cloud
- Getting the Most out of your WiFi Deployment: Next Generation Wireless Location Based Services
- CRM for Student Success: Aligning System & Strategy
- Creating a Digital Workplace to Enhance Engagement, Communication and Collaboration
- Evolving Cooperative Procurement for Higher Education in BC
- BCNET Shared Services: Linking IT Communities for High Impact Results
- Adopting Federated Identity Across Higher Education
- Research Data Management and Preservation: a Library Perspective
- Compute Canada Update and Shared Services Overview
- Introducing the BCNET Digital Signage Shared Service
- EduCloud Server: Low-cost Virtual Data Centres for Higher Education in BC
- Cloud in Canada! Microsoft’s Canadian Data Centres are open for BCNET!
- Procure-to-Pay: Is BC Higher Education Ready for On-Line Purchasing?
Enterprise Application Systems
- Agile Champions and Challenges at University of Victoria
- How Douglas College Engaged Faculty and Staff with a SharePoint 2013 Intranet
- Who Dares Wins - SQL Server Consolidation in the Cloud
- The Banner Evolution - Banner XE Implementations
- Leveraging Oracle Database Functionality for Security, Reliability and Availability
- Diversity vs. Standardization: How much ERP alignment should the BC Higher Education Sector aim for?
- Administrative Systems Consortium - an exemplary model for shared services
- How to Do More with Less Using Grails
IT Leadership and Strategy
- Why Does IT Cost So Much?
- Developing a Three-Year Plan
- Meeting the Needs of Faculty and IT: Transforming the Relationship
- Developing a Strong Team Culture
- Driving Organizational Change in a Technology Landscape
- IT Investment Planning and Prioritization
- Higher Ed Project Manager & Business Analyst Best Practices
- Women in Leadership
- Enabling Research Computing in B.C.
- Responding to the Impact of Digital
- Let’s Deal with our Trust Issues: Building an Agile IT Framework that Optimizes Collaboration while Protecting User Data
- The Secrets of Success: Effectively Delivering Provincial Level Technology Solutions
- The Cloud is Calling – Or is it Zombies of Death?
- Why be a "Tech Buddy"? Building Relationships with Faculty
Risk Mitigation, Privacy and Security
- FLARE: Stapling together syslog-ng, ELK, Alerting and Incident Response with metadata!
- Reporting: How to Make Information Security Relevant to the Institution
- Ask Me Anything: Security Hot Topics
- Cyber Security Incident Response Team
- Working with Enterprise Architecture to develop a IAM Roadmap and Vision
- Steps to Data Governance Success in Higher Ed
- Tailoring Identity and Access Management to Higher Ed: Strategies, Challenges and Practices
- Teaching a Practical Ethical Hacking Course: Challenges and Solutions
- Peace of Mind in a Digital World: Security Awareness and Best Practices
Learning Technologies and the Student Experience
- Team and Community Building Online: Using collaborative technologies to enhance the student experience
- UVic Student Technology Ownership: Implications & Opportunities
- Evolution of Learning Space Design and the Impact on Facility Planning and User Experience
- Next Generation Communications at UBC to Advance Research Collaboration, Learning and Student Engagement
- E-Portfolio Initiative at Capilano University: Lessons Learned and The Future
- Effectiveness and Growth of Room Capture and Interactive Classrooms on Campuses Large and Small: Making the Business Case for your Institution
- Educational Technology: BCNET or BCcampus?
- CLAS @ UBC - A Platform for Learning via Collaborative Interactions with Media
IT Infrastructure, Desktop Support and Service Management
- An Integrated Network Solution: Progress and Results
- Extending your LAN to a WAN with Inexpensive Point-to-Point Wireless
- Planning, Creation, Integration and Implementation of a Tablet Based Digital Class Review System
- Simplify Your Campus Network Connections with a Cloud-based, Virtual Router
- The Big SIP - Integrating a Multi-Vendor Communications Environment at UBC
- Updates to Microsoft Licensing
- Shaping Canada’s 21st Century National Research and Education Network
- Wikis and Knowledge and Sites! Oh My... You Need a Knowledge Base